Our final year BSc (hons) Events Management student, Victoria Bell has reached the final stages of a national competition. We interviewed Victoria to find out more:

1. What is The Eventice? The Eventice is a competition, similar to the Apprentice, for final year event management students. 15 finalists are chosen who have to compete over a three day period in order to win a job upon finishing university.
  2. What made you apply for The Eventice? I applied for the Eventice after meeting Caitlin Kobrak, an award winning blogger and previous finalist, at an event debate in London. She encouraged me to apply and told me about how great the overall experience was even though, in the end, she wasn’t one of the winners.
  3. How did you apply? To apply for the Eventice I had to create a 2 minute video answering the following questions: why did you chose event management as a career? If you could be stuck in a lift for 12 hours with 3 celebrities, who would they be and why? What is the biggest decision you have had to make in your life and why? What song would you use to describe your life and why? Why do you think you should be chosen to take part in the Eventice?
  4. What stage of the process are you at now and what is next to follow? I have currently been told that I will be one of the finalists and am still waiting to hear what the next step will be.
  5. What have you learnt or will learn from taking part? The experience so far has taught me to believe in myself and push myself to do things that I normally wouldn’t do. I never actually thought I would get into the final 15 but amazingly I have. When I go to London to take part the networking opportunities will be great and I’m hoping the process will help develop my skills from the course.
  6. What does the winner of The Eventice get? The winner of the Eventice will win a job with one of the top event management companies in London. Past winners have won jobs with George P. Johnson and DMG Events in Dubai.
  7. Would you recommend it? I’d definitely recommend younger students to apply when they are in third year because you have absolutely nothing to lose by sending in a quick video and what you gain from the entire process will really help when entering the event industry.

Victoria will be attending a three day task-orientated trip to London in March as part of the next stage of the competition, we wish her the very best with the competition.